MANNAKIN LTD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Our terms and conditions are binding in all cases of hire from us. If you are hiring, please read the following carefully. Our terms are subject to change as necessary.
PLEASE TAKE CARE WITH OUR EQUIPMENT TO AVOID ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES AND LOSS OF ANY DEPOSIT.
1. All quoted prices are subject to a standard 20% VAT rate.
2. A deposit, variable in value relative to the equipment being hired and priced at our discretion is required prior to hire. This will be refunded upon the safe return and after inspection of the equipment. See below for a price list of additional charges. In the case of loss, please note that this amount may not cover the replacement value of the equipment, for which you may be liable. This may be waived at our discretion.
3. Installation and set up is NOT INCLUDED in our basic hire prices.
4. Extended hire charges will be applied to items not returned within the agreed time frame. See below for a price list of additional charges.
5. Upon authorisation of quotes, invoices are payable upon receipt even if the equipment is returned as unused.
6. All equipment must be insured by yourselves from the time of delivery to the time of collection.
7. The hirer assumes all responsibilities and liabilities whilst equipment is on hire.
8. The hirer must undertake all safety measures for equipment hired in compliance with fire and safety regulations.
9. Unless otherwise agreed beforehand, equipment is for indoor use only. Equipment is supplied for display purposes only.
10. All packaging used for the safe delivery of the equipment, must be used to transport equipment back to us safely. Missing packaging will be charged for. See below for a price list of additional charges.
11. All equipment (unless quoted as new or renovated) is used and therefore reasonable signs of wear and tear will show as they are continual hire items.
12. We reserve the right to replace equipment with a suitable substitute in the event of unavailability.
13. All missing items, damages and losses will be charge for. Please take care of our equipment to ensure they are returned to us in the condition they arrived in. See below for a price list guide to additional charges.
14. Mannakin Ltd will not be held financially responsible for any expenses incurred by the equipment between the hirer and venue with regards to storage.
15. Prices quoted include a full 7 day hire period and includes shipping time from day of arrival to day of collection.
16. Monthly hire is available and is priced as a competitive option to purchasing equipment. Same terms and conditions apply.
17. Assembly instructions are available on request relative to the equipment hired.
18. Shipping to and from your venue / offices / hotel will be arranged and managed by our logistics manager. Any changes to the order within 7 days of delivery will incur additional charges. Changes must be communicated to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
19. All deliveries require a signature. Failed deliveries will be charged for. See below for a price list of additional charges.
20. All collections require a contact and their mobile phone number. Failed collections will be charged for. See below for a price list of additional charges.
21. During shows, equipment must be collected and returned to our holding area. When our team is present at shows, we always arrange a storage facility for our packaging. See below for a price list of additional charges.
22. When the mannequins arrive with you, in case of damage during transit, please open the boxes and check for any damages, in particular glass stands if this option has been chosen. Let us know if anything is damaged immediately during transport so that we may be given the opportunity to rectify any problem. In this case it is advisable to have equipment delivered the day or even 2 days prior to use.
23. Prior to collection, equipment must be wrapped, boxed and taped up ready by 9am on the arranged day of collection. We are unable to accept equipment not packed up for collection. In this instance you are liable for extra days hire and the risk of being charged for all equipment in full.
24. Each hired item of equipment is boxed separately. If on return, these have been mixed up over several boxes, a charge will be applied. See below for a price list of additional charges.
25. Any deposit held will be refunded, minus any additional charges, within 28 days of arrival at our warehouse.
26. Ownership of the equipment remains with Mannakin Ltd and is not transferrable under any circumstances.
27. All deliveries and collections, whether by courier or van are to pavement level only. In the case of multiple or heavy items, you must meet our driver to assist with both deliveries and collections. Our drivers are not insured to enter buildings, lifts, stairs etc to deliver equipment. You must provide the manpower to assist.
28. Equipment is hired to the hirer only. No transfer must take place without permission from the Director at Mannakin Ltd, either done for reward or as a favour. Both request and permission must be confirmed in writing.
29. In the case of Long Term Hire or ‘Club Mannakin’ please provide 2 types of ID, one to be a photo ID, one can be a council tax or utility bill – to the address we are delivering to. Please scan and email this to email@example.com. We only charge delivery on initial hire, collection fees still apply on return.
The following charges are to be used as a guide only. Each situation is treated individually. All prices quoted are net of VAT.
DEPOSIT Between £50 £1000 per item. The correct amount will be advised.
CHANGES TO YOUR ORDER must be confirmed by email and an admin fee of £25 per instance will be charged.
EXTENDED HIRE CHARGES 10% of the value of the hire, per day.
MISSING PACKAGING £35 per box.
LOSS OF ITEM This will be relative to the replacement value of the item and depends on the equipment hired.
PART OF ORDER RETURNED LATE This will be charged the same as extended hire prices.
DAMAGES This will be charged according to the time taken to fix. Our renovation department charges £30 per hour plus materials.
FAILED DELIVERY £25 per attempt. Where couriers do not charge for redelivery, we will not charge you.
FAILED COLLECTION £25 per attempt. Couriers always charge for failed collections. NB Failed collections will also incur additional hire charges.
DELIVERY, ASSEMBLY & COLLECTION TO AND FROM STAND AT SHOWS – FOR EG PURE LONDON £75 per consignment up to and per 5 items.
SORTING OF MIXED ITEMS £25 per box.
ITEMS MISSING FROM BOX Such as stands, cones, pegs etc. Any items missing, meaning that we cannot re-rent the item as a full mannequin, will be charged as a full mannequin replacement, relative to the value of the mannequin hired. We will give you 28 days to find and return missing items.
Cancellation of your order (once invoiced) within 12 months of the delivery date will incur cancellation fees of the invoice total and are listed as follows. Where we have custom renovated your order, 100% is charged on cancellation at any time before the delivery date.
Between 6-12 months of delivery date 10%
Less than 6 months & more than 28 days of delivery date 50%
Less than 28 days & more than 14 days of delivery date 75%
Less than 14 days of delivery date 100%
No notice given 100%
All payments must be made in advance.
We accept all major cards, including American Express, however a 5% charge is added for AMEX payments.